Thursday 22 August 2013

Being Grateful

There are so many things that can drive a person crazy in life.  Your job, people's personalities...it's so easy to allow things to bother you that are really just out of your control.  Lately, though, I have just been so grateful for so many things in my life.  My husband.  Almost 14 years together and we can still laugh hysterically.  My children.  Many times I wish for just a few moments of silence, but then how would I hear them tell me they love me?  Or have Rogue ask 1000 questions about...basically any topic? Or have Knoxy say something that is so very quotable ("Mommy, did you know that people who can't drink milk are sacralose contolerant?" or "Mommy, can I set my alarm so I can sleep longer like you guys?"  He is always the first up in the household, but wishes he could sleep in.)  I'm so lucky to have everyone near and dear to me be healthy, even after a few scares here and there.  My children are privileged to have 5 grandparents and one great-grandmother to spoil them in the best of ways.  I still have a job that I look forward to every day, rather than resenting.  Overall, I lead a pretty charmed life...and know it.

1 comment:

  1. It is easy to become focused on the things we DON'T have so thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete