Thursday 22 August 2013

Fencing 101

We've been on holidays for almost two weeks, and on the top of our to do list was staining the fence and deck.  You know how when you move in and have new neighbours, you want to give a good first impression?  You build a fence with tiny gaps between the boards to provide privacy but still try to appear friendly and not snobbish.  Well, I HATE those gaps.  You have to use a tiny brush and stain each side of the gap, so you don't see the nasty pale lines when you look at the fence at an angle.  So one person (Dan) uses a nice big spongy thing that makes fast, evident process, allowing the person to see immediate, satisfying results.  The second person (that would be me) painstakingly goes behind #1 and "fills the gaps", so to speak.  Oh sure, it's nice to stand at an angle and look down the fence, seeing all my hard work, but overall, that job sucks big time.  Don't even get me started on how stupid lattice is.  I wish I had photos to show you, but I'm still in a resentful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment