Tuesday 22 October 2013

Let's start off with a couple of recent Knoxy quotes, just to get warmed up.

One the way back from Kitscoty after Thanksgiving - "Are we in Calgary yet, and is water the fastest liquid?"

"Earth is not an island...totally."

Yep, you never quite know what's gonna come out of his mouth, and what it's going to require of you to answer.

While in Kitscoty, my bestie Trace and I played in an alumni volleyball tournament.  We dug out the old jerseys (pure cotton, a non wicking fabric let me tell ya), with our names emblazened across our shoulders, and proudly wore them with our vintage knee pads.  Apparently the knee pad has gone the way of the dinosaur, as us old gals were the only two wearing them.  I did need them a couple of times as I flung my aged body across the court.  She and I were matched up with the Lord boys, four brothers   from high school to university aged.  Now, Trace and I did 1993 proud, setting and passing the ball like we've done it every day since we graduated.  It came back a little easier than I expected, but the body did protest.  I maintained a steady blood level of Advil for three days following the tourney, for without that I would have been bedridden, with even my finger muscles screaming in agony. We ended up winning the whole thing, only losing one game in the day.  Of course, the one time this happens, there were no medals, or trophies, or photos in the local paper (The Meridian Booster, if you should wonder).  But there were witnesses!  It was a really great time, and I would do it again in a 38 year old heartbeat.

Last Friday night was a full moon.  My cousin and friend Wanda and I share many interests, with one being photography.  We decided to venture out an capture this event.  Let me explain a bit about the difference between Wanda and I.  She is a science minded person, meticulous and methodical.  Patient, curious, and a teacher by trade.  I am none of these things.  Wanda will change her settings one f-stop at a time, inherently learning about her camera and her style.  She brings handy tools like a tripod, which is ESSENTIAL so the photos don't look like streamers falling at a party.

Here's me.  I take one photo.  It's less than perfect.  I wanna quit.  The moon is a tiny dot in a sea of grey (I can't even make it black, which is the actual colour!!!!)

So I learn.  She is the perfect person to do this with.  However, I'm sure I am a less than the perfect person for HER to do this with.  That's okay.  I'm willing to totally ride this horse until it bucks me off!!

I plan on posting some of the photos soon!!!


2 comments:

  1. Love the entry. Glad you had fun playing volleyball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for always checking and commenting Jenn, I always check for your comments!

    ReplyDelete